: Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
Summary: This is a very kid friendly meal and very simple to make. I usually serve over rice [cooked in my rice steamer, no turning on the stove required!] or wrap it up in large tortillas for “lazy fajitas”.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 each: green and red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Toss chicken with seasoning and flour in slow cooker. Stir in vegetables and salsa; cover.
- Cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours (or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours); stir. Serve on rice, topped with cheese.
I like to add half a can of black beans (pictured)
I also wrote about: